1) The concept of tithing in the OT was quite a bit more complicated than the way we sometimes present it.
2) None of the NT instructions on giving mention tithing.
3) There is a pattern of New Testament giving that does not involve tithing.
The New Testament Standard of Giving (2 Corinthians 8-9)
1) Giving is a voluntary act.
2) NT giving is generous.
3) NT giving is evidence of commitment to Christ and passion for his Kingdom.
4) The essence of NT giving is sacrifice.
Read the post by clicking here.