OK. For starters, it’s a French movie. You expect Noir. Despair. Cynicism. Promiscuity. Profanity. It’s none of that … except for the profanity. Instead it was Warm. Funny. Touching. Everything you don’t expect a box-office smash in France to be. Makes you wonder what’s going on in France. Perhaps there’s hope for them yet. Oh, and subtitles. So at least you aren’t hearing the profanity. Unless you speak French. The kind you don’t learn in a classroom. Go see it. You get a free e-book of the true story the movie is based on. … I hope that isn’t in French.
- Living as foreigners among a confused people markkelly.wordpress.com/2017/07/23/liv… 3 days ago
- Stopped in at #Hallmark. Shocked they didn't have a single #PrimeDay card. 2 weeks ago
- US media fret that N Korea might be able to hit Alaska with a missile. I'm guessing Seoul and Tokyo think that isn't the most likely target. 2 weeks ago
- Looking for a tech site to replace @geekdotcom. Something that's grown out of adolescent obsession with sex and porn. Any ideas? 2 weeks ago
- RT @MultiJust: If I’m hearing #Jesus correctly, our #pulpits should be talking about #justice more than #tithing. bit.ly/2uzjQ9S… 2 weeks ago