OK. For starters, it’s a French movie. You expect Noir. Despair. Cynicism. Promiscuity. Profanity. It’s none of that … except for the profanity. Instead it was Warm. Funny. Touching. Everything you don’t expect a box-office smash in France to be. Makes you wonder what’s going on in France. Perhaps there’s hope for them yet. Oh, and subtitles. So at least you aren’t hearing the profanity. Unless you speak French. The kind you don’t learn in a classroom. Go see it. You get a free e-book of the true story the movie is based on. … I hope that isn’t in French.
- RT @GoBGR: School supplies for refugee children in Somalia bit.ly/17MLlO0 2 hours ago
- RT @MultiJust: .@RachelPiehJones - More than 'fair trade' activism: Doing justice requires risk wp.me/p1XjZn-Hg @ct_city 12 hours ago
- Reaping what we have been sowing wp.me/p2dmj-Nv 15 hours ago
- RT @GoBGR: Prayer - Simple gifts in a poor village bit.ly/17FtLeI 1 day ago
- RT @IJM: Human trafficking involves 1.2 million children each year, according to @UNICEF in 2006. 1 day ago